Tuesday 15 April 2008

vision appt

well i had my eye appt thing today havent seen them in four years everythign is much the same but then when i was comign hoem in the taxi well often in the charge group we often talk botu peoples reaction to oru disabilites well today wa a wierd one first he goes wats wrong with her ok i dotn mind that soemtimes can allways tell them bout charge and all that but no the way this person asked wa liek a bad thing then does the government look after me now thats getting a bit far for my liking fine educate bout charge i have charge i was born like this bla bla b ut does the government look ater me is that really anyones bussiness then how do you look after god im not that bad i can walk alk and am better off than most of my friends liek one of my roselands friends lives with jst hder mum and she does everything and not everyone is like her but its like people think we are and its how do u do it i mean hello mum and dad work and they get a pension thats how and they save as much as they can to get me things i need like a new chair its jstu wierd the way people r these days and also the taxi wouldtn get my chair into the boot i mean really worries about me and how we do it and doesnt help get the chair in and out how stupid is that oh well

6 comments:

Leslie, Arlin and Katie Kauffman said...

Ellen, it doesn't sound like this guy was very good at expressing his thoughts! Some people don't realize how rude or ignorant or nosy they come across. I'm sure he meant well, but he could have said things in a lot better way. Sorry you had to experience that!

Love you!
Leslie & Katie

Crystal M. said...

HUGS ELLEN!! I know some people are just stupid and do not think before they speak.
Dont let it bug you to much you know who cares and who loves you and that is all that matters.
Hugs,
Crystal and Eva

Amélie said...

Ellen

how are you hon... not spoke for ages no facebook now and University is getting very hectic...homelife and being a mum of four doesnt help...lol

dont worry about this guy he clearly has no people skills unlike you...rise above him your worth so much more than he will ever be!!

hugs Les and Amélie

Shelly and Luke said...

Hi Ellen. Just checking in to see what's new. Hope all is going well with you. Take care.

WheresMyAngels said...

The whole thing is that people are ignorant but it is up to each of us to educate them and hope they can adsorb it. Sorry he was so offensive!

Arizona mom to eight said...

Ellen,

We have two daughter with Down syndrome, people say those ignorant things about them as well. It is usually easy, as you said, to tell them about Down syndrome or Charge syndrome, but some people just rub us the wrong way, don't they.

It is usually children who ask about my daughters, so I tell them about how my girls are more like them than not. I hope in some way these children are more enlightened and nicer to others down the line.

I enjoyed your blog.

Kris